Under-Vehicle Inspection Mirror
Model No: Inspection Mirror
- Under-vehicle inspection mirror
- Under-vehicle inspection mirrors have three basic parts: a handle, shaft with extension pole and a mirror head.Some are also available with a tri-wheel base attachment and a torch fitting.
- The mirror on a under-vehicle inspection mirror is a convex mirror meaning it is curved outwards. The mirror head can be either round or square.
- The shaft is often made from aluminium and is extendable.
- The handle is the part held by the user to guide the tool. Some models have a rubber cover to prevent the handle slipping in wet hands.
- Square headed under-vehicle inspection mirrors sometimes have a T-bar handle which can offer more control.
- On some models, the mirror has a thin piece of rubber around the edge to protect the mirror, and the objects it comes into contact with, from damage.
- Some models are available with a tri-wheel attachment which is screwed onto the underside of the mirror face.
- Most models are fitted with a torch holder, which comes in the form of a simple round plastic holder on the shaft of the tool that a torch can be slotted into.